Programme at a glance ( Keynotes and Discussion Groups )
KEYNOTE LECTURES DISCUSSION GROUPS (DG)
MeCCE Discussion GroupsUnder the new conditions that COVID-19 is posing, MeCCE is committed to providing new formats for facilitating the interaction between delegates, sharing ideas and networking.
MeCCE Presentations have been recorded and they will be available for all delegates any time during the virtual conference and until the face-to-face event at EXPOQUIMIA (September 2021). All delegates could attend all virtual presentations at their convenience.
Thus, there will be no live presentations. Instead, MeCCE has arranged discussion groups (DG) according to the different topics of the conference and the interests of delegates. Discussion groups (DG) will be scheduled and authors of similar or related works will be called to attend and discuss their ideas.
Each contribution has been assigned to a discussion group (DG). The assignment includes a virtual room (link), date and time for joining, and a moderator. Presenting authors are expected to check their discussion group and the works involved, and timely join the discussion group (DG). Moderators will catalyst the discussion by asking for specific questions or arising open questions.
- Access to the virtual room by following the corresponding link (go to the room).
- Please, connect in advance to learn how the system works (go to see your room before your session).
- Presenting authors should join earlier and introduce themselves to the moderator (5’, as usual).
- When joining the meeting, identify yourself with your complete name and affiliation (wear your badge)
- When joining the meeting, Mute your micro and switch on your video (silence, please)
- Follow the indications of the moderator and raise your hand to participate in the discussion (as usual)
- Use the text-based chat and private messaging for having parallel communications (whisper, as usual)
- Screens can be shared: communication may be easier by writing a formula or sketching a diagram.
- In case of any technical question, please, vist https://jitsi.org/user-faq/
Discussion groups (DG) can be used as open forums at any time, but delegates are expected to respect the schedule and the indications of the moderator when the session starts. Although the session is intended as a coffee-break rather than a parallel session, some protocol should be observed. The following guidelines are provided for smoothly running the session:
The discussion is expected to run freely as in a coffee-break conversation (all participants have the same full control of the session) although participants are expected to respect the authority of the moderator as in a formal congress session.
Indeed, this is something new for a new situation and we all should acknowledge that we are experimenting and learning. Delegates are encouraged to join this experiment and provide and share feedback.